Google Lime Scholarship
Access to knowledge is our thing. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, we don't want anything to stand in the way. That's why Google is proud to support the work of Lime Connect since 2008. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities.
Recipients of the 2023 Google Lime Scholarship will each receive a scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year. Scholars will also be invited to attend a Google Lime Scholars gathering in Fall 2023 and be considered for internship opportunities with Google for the Summer of 2024. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates' academic background and a demonstrated passion for computer science - $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
2023 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply); and also
- Continuing current studies at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2023-2024 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This scholarship is not open to current high school students.
Please note: scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the 2023-2024 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses. We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements. Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.
How to apply
When the application is open, you can apply by logging into, or joining, The Lime Network. There, you'll find the link to our online application system where you will provide:
- Contact, education, and experience information
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Three essays - this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers, or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline - letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
Applications close on Sunday, April 30th at midnight PST