Generation Google Scholarship (APAC)
The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science was established to help students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive $2,500 USD for the 2023-2024 academic year. The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance.
The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage women interested in computer science to apply. Recipients of one of the following Google Scholarships: Generation Google Scholarship, Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming, Generation Google Scholarship: for supply chain and fulfillment, Google Lime Scholarship, Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming, and Venkat Panchapakesan Scholarships India are not eligible to reapply.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time second or third year undergraduate student at an accredited university in Asia Pacific for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Intend to continue pursuing a full-time Bachelors program at an accredited university in Asia Pacific for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
For students who may not be eligible, we strongly encourage you to visit Google Careers for Students page to find out about alternative opportunities and programs that are available for your country/region based on your academic level.
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current institution
- Responses to short answer essay questions
Terms and conditions
The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science is open to qualified students who meet the eligibility criteria. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply. The scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students' classes at their primary university.
Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students for the 2023-2024 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student’s university to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses. We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award. Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award. Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google. Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
Persons who are:
- residents of embargoed countries
- ordinarily resident in embargoed countries
- otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
For questions email email@example.com.
We’re happy to address any questions directly related to the Generation Google Scholarship but are unable to respond to other inquiries. We will not respond to spam, barraging messages, or messages that are primarily inflammatory or exploitative in nature.